Latihan Soal Bahasa Inggris tentang Basic Questions beserta Kunci Jawabannya – Umumnya, jika kita ingin bertanya kepada seseorang dalam bahasa Inggris, kita harus tahu terlebih dahulu jenis – jenis pertanyaan serta bagaimana cara membuat pertanyaan tersebut. Contohnya seperti pertanyaan 5W+1H (what, when, which, who, where, why, how) yang terkadang membuat sebagian dari kita bingung bagaimana cara untuk membentuk pertanyaan tersebut dalam bahasa Inggris. Oleh karena itu, berikut adalah latihan soal bahasa Inggris tentang basic questions beserta kunci jawabannya.
I. Find the auxiliary verb or modal verb in each question and write it next to the question. if the question does not have one, explain why.
- Are you working hard at the moment? Are
- You want anything from the shops, Fred? Auxiliary left out – spoken English
- What sort of ice cream do you want? ___________________________
- Where you going? ___________________________
- What is your name? ___________________________
- How can you say such a thing? ___________________________
- Who gave you this lovely card? ___________________________
- Have you ever been on an aeroplane? ___________________________
- Which hotel costs the most? ___________________________
- Where do you live? ___________________________
- You think he’s good-looking? ___________________________
- What should I do? ___________________________
II. Match the questions on the left side (number 1 – 8), to the answers on the right side (point a – i)
Who did you see? g)
|1. Who saw you? ___|
2. What’s happened? ___
3. Which house had the best view? ___
4. Which house did you decide to buy? ___
5. Who’s taken my pen? ___
6. Whose pen did you take? ___
7. Who robbed the bank? ___
8. Which bank did they rob? ___
|a) I think there’s been an accident but no one’s hurt.|
b) The one with the best view.
c) Jane, but it’s OK – no one else did.
d) Is this it? sorry, I didn’t mean to.
e) The most expensive one, of course.
f) The one I go to sometimes.
g) Marjorie. I shouted but she didn’t hear me.
h) They think it was two escaped prisoners.
i) I think it was Jane’s.
III. A student was having interview to join an English course. Read the conversation between the two people and correct the mistakes in the quwstions, or tick (P) any correct questions.
|Mira : Your name is?|
Lucia : Lucia Castellano.
Mira : (1) How to spell Castellano?
Lucia : C – A – S – T – E – L – L – A – N – O.
Mira : OK. (2) Where are you from, Lucia?
Lucia : Barcelona – in Spain
Mira : Thank you. (3) What are you do?
Lucia : I’m a photographer.
Mira : (4) Your age is?
Lucia : A secret. No, really, I’m 35.
Mira : Oh, you don’t look it. You look 25!
Lucia : Thank you.
Mira : (5) What reason you are taking this course?
Lucia : To improve my spoken English.
Mira : (6) Who did tell you about this course?
Lucia : My brother studied here last month.
Mira : OK, nearly finished. (7) What do you usually do in your
Lucia : Oh, the usual things – shopping, cooking, cinema.
Mira : And, the last one, (8) What you hope for your future?
Lucia : I’d like to become a well-known photo-journalist for an
Mira : Alright Lucia, you will have a pre-test before you start your
course. The test will be on next Monday at 8.00 am. Don’t
worry the test is not difficult. You only have to answer some
questions. This test is used to know which level are you in.
Lucia : OK I will come. Thank you.
|What’s your name?|
- Auxiliary left out – spoken English (are / were)
- Auxiliary left out – spoken English (did)
- Auxiliary left out – spoken English (does)
- Auxiliary left out – spoken English (Do)
- (c) Jane, but it’s OK – no one else did.
- (a) I think there’s been an accident but no one’s hurt.
- (e) The most expensive one, of course.
- (b) The one with the best view.
- (d) Is this it? sorry, I didn’t mean to.
- (i) I think it was Jane’s.
- (h) They think it was two escaped prisoners.
- (f) The one I go to sometimes.
- How do you spell Castellano?
- Where are you from, Lucia?
- What are you doing? / What do you do?
- What is your age? / How old are you?
- What are / is the reason(s) you are taking this course?
- Who told you about this course?
- V (Right)
- What is your hope for the future?
Demikianlah latihan soal bahasa Inggris tentang basic questions beserta kunci jawabannya. Semoga contoh latihan soal tersebut dapat membantu meningkatkan pemahaman teman – teman tentang basic question tersebut. Semoga bermanfaat!